Redmi 8 starts getting stable MIUI 11 update globally with November patch (Download link inside)
Xiaomi’s claim to fame and subsequent dominance in the smartphone industry is a simple strategy: killer specs and feature-packed software at a fraction of the price. Looking at their regional sales figures, the plan is really paying off.
The entry-level segment is dominated by the Chinese OEM. Redmi 8, one of their current offerings in that domain, is powered by Snapdragon 439 Octa-core (2×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 + 6×1.45 GHz Cortex A53) processor. It sports 3/4 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of internal storage.
Fueled by a massive 5,000 mAh battery, the phone was launched back in August with MIUI 10 and a promise of the next major update soon. Well, rejoice Redmi 8 users because MIUI 11 has just dropped worldwide.
Xiaomi’s MIUI updates are a big deal to the users because they dictate the features the device carries. This is irrespective of the underlying Android version. This means that MIUI 11 on Android Pie and the same based on Android 10 are more or less similar.
The new update brings a lot to the table as detailed in the changelog below:
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
– Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
– Updated Android Security Patch to November 2019. Increased system security.
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Different options for hiding the notch
– New: Quick replies for messaging apps
Game speed booster
– New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
– New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
– Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
– Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
– A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
As in the case with every Xiaomi software rollout, this over the air update will be delivered in phases. Therefore, if your device hasn’t received the update yet, be patient.
For the sideloading fans, here is the update package anyway:
- Device: Redmi 8
- Codename: olive
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V184.108.40.206.PCNMIXM
- Android: 9.0
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: bf4bb66af7d884482c0bce7fa3797aa5
- Type: Recovery
NOTE: We have this and many more Xiaomi related stories in our dedicated Xiaomi Section. Visit the section to get the very latest on Xiaomi.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.