Xiaomi re-released Mi Max 3 MIUI 11 update for global units (Download link inside)
Xiaomi users are eagerly waiting for the latest MIUI 11 updates for their devices. Luckily, the company is also keeping its promise and pushing out the latest iteration of the MIUI update in a flow for its users.
However, if you are the user of Mi Max 3 then this piece of news is very important as Xiaomi has re-released the MIUI 11 update for this particular device across the globe.
The MIUI software version V22.214.171.124, which went live for the global Mi Max 3 units back at the end of October, is apparently canceled and a new update is on its way for the users of the device.
Talking about the re-released update, it arrives with the version number V126.96.36.199 and weighs in around 807 MB in size for the incremental OTA. The update brings in all the changes that MIUI 11 is supposed to bring in for the device.
Below is the official changelog along with the screenshot of the new MIUI 11 update re-released for the users running MIUI 10 on their Mi Max 3:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
– Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
– Fix: Wi-Fi page wasn’t displayed correctly
– New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
– Optimization: All-new design and UI
Matter of fact, users who sideloaded and/or received the pulled back build on their Mi Max 3, are getting another OTA for MIUI 11 update. It carries the same version number but weighs in around 472 MB in size.
Notably, the changelog is kinda different. Moreover, it will hit the units via OTA in batches so, it might take some time in coming to all the devices.
However, if you do not want to wait for the OTA update and manually sideload the update right away then, head to the below section to download the update package file:
- Device: Mi Max 3
- Codename: nitrogen
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V188.8.131.52.PEDMIXM
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 26b9783b2a9301f70e83103282b3fea7
- Type: Recovery
Once you have downloaded the update from the above link, go to Settings>>About Phone>>System update>>press the MIUI version logo 10 times>> tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and select Choose update package. Locate the update package inside the ‘downloaded_rom’ folder of your internal storage and select the file to update manually.
Note – You can check out our Xiaomi section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Xiaomi smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.