LG G7 Fit finally gets Android 9 Pie update in Europe
Not known for the speedy delivery of updates, LG is finding it very hard to keep its name afloat in today’s competitive smartphone market. And proving this statement right, LG has pushed in the Android 9 Pie update (finally!) for the LG G7 Fit.
The Korean manufacturer has brought in not only just the Android 9 Pie update for the LG G7 Fit but also, brings along some new features for the device as well.
Notably, LG devices come up with a custom LG UX skin on top of the Android version and this update enhances some of the design elements for the skin.
To recall that the LG G7 Fit, was launched back in November 2018, and packs in some decent specs like a 3,000 mAh battery that supports fast-charging up to 18W and 4 GB of RAM. However, the choice of using a dated Snapdragon 821 SoC is rather questionable.
Besides, the device offers onboard storage options of 32/64 GB, sports a 6.1-inch LCD display. In the camera department, it packs in a single 16 MP at the back and an 8MP camera at the front. Notably, the phone is a toned-down version of the standard LG G7 ThinQ which came a few months prior to the LG G7 Fit.
Now coming to the update, it arrives with the version number V20a and weighs in around 1.5 GB in size for the OTA update. Besides, according to HDblog.it, the update tags along the below changes for the device:
- Moment Slow Motion : it is now possible to record a video by slowing down the moment you want by pressing the dedicated button.
- YouTube Live : inserted between the functions of the camera, allows you to start a live streaming content on YouTube with a click.
- Screen Recording : lets you record what happens on the screen.
- Screenshot with link : when you capture a screen from a website using the Capture + function, the URL will also be stored, so you can connect to the site directly from the gallery.
- Dual App : allows you to install a duplicate of the main social and messaging apps to use two accounts simultaneously.
- Home Screen lock : to lock the position of apps and widgets on their screens so that they cannot be moved or removed.
- Crop shot : function available within Capture +, allows you to cut out a portion of the screen and keep it superimposed.
- Smart fingerprint sensor : moving the finger, pressed on the rear sensor, downwards it is possible to lower the notification bar
- Game Launcher : contains all installed games, allows you to search on YouTube for the game you are playing on YouTube to view guides and reviews
- 3D audio surround DTS: X in games
- Improved energy savings
Thanks to My LG Cell Phones, we know that the update is live in major European countries like Germany, Poland, Italy, Norway, and the UK. The update will hit your units via OTA in batches.
However, if you want to upgrade your LG G7 Fit right away to Android 9 Pie then, you can accomplish that with the help of LG Bridge software.
For naive, LG Bridge is the official software from LG that allows the user to all their LG devices together so that users can easily manage, update, and create a backup of the devices from a single software.
LG Bridge gives you features like LG AirDrive, LG Backup and software update. You can download the latest version of the LG Bridge software for both Windows and Mac from the below links:
Steps to update LG G7 Fit to Android 9 Pie
- Download LG Bridge software for your respective OS from above.
- Install LG Bridge on your PC.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB Cable.
- On the main screen of LG Bridge, tap on the software update.
- That’s it!
Note – You can check out our LG Section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around LG smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.