Redmi Note 4 MIUI 11 update goes live, brings Game Turbo & new UI (Download link inside)
Xiaomi surprised the tech community by launching Mi A1 back in 2017 as their first Android One phone. The Snapdragon 625 SoC powered phone is still supported, although Android 10 update for it is highly unlikely. That said, Xiaomi did have an unusual bias towards the SD625 chipset.
Matter of fact, Xiaomi introduced this chip to global audience with the release of Redmi Note 4 (also known as Redmi Note 4X in some regions). Successor to the highly praised Redmi Note 3, the phone played a key role to strengthen the foundation of the OEM in the mid-range segment.
Redmi Note 4 was launched with Android Marshmallow, and received official Nougat update after a few months. Xiaomi was updating the MIUI skin for this phone for a while, but the global version stopped receiving security patches since February of this year.
To be precise, software version V10.2.3.0.NCFMIXM with December security patches was the last OTA for the international variant of the phone. Thanks to a large community, Redmi Note 4 unofficially received stable Oreo, Pie, even Android 10 based roms.
Here comes the surprise! The phone is reportedly receiving stable MIUI 11 update across the globe. Like Mi Max 2 or Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite, the underlying Android layer is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The complete changelog of this new build (V220.127.116.11.NCFMIXM) is as follows:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
– Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
– Optimization: Sync with the cloud works faster now
Although the addition of new document viewer or Game Turbo is interesting, Xiaomi doesn’t put any kind of update regarding the security patch level. The MIUI 11 update for Redmi Note 4(X) is still fueled by December 2018 patchset!
Nevertheless, if you are still using the phone with stock MIUI, then grab the full update package from the following section and flash it via built-in System Updater.
- Device: Redmi Note 4/4X
- Codename: mido
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.NCFMIXM
- Android: 7.0
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 83170d3e3a367f70cff4395b5e55ba74
- Type: Recovery
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.