[Maintenance Completed] PUBG latest patch adds new Lobby background & music to mark the celebration of PGC 2019
New updates are being added to the bottom of this story….
Original story (from November 14) follows:
One of the biggest PUBG competitive events, PUBG Global Championship 2019 is currently taking place which features many elite PUBG teams. It is an offline event that is being held at Los Angeles & Oakland arena. The competition features a total of 32 teams.
PUBG Global Championship 2019 has a huge prize pool reward of USD 3,000,000. The event started on November 8, 2019, and will stay live until November 24, 2019. The event semifinals will take place from November 15 to November 17 in OGN Super Arena, Los Angeles & it follows the following format :
- 3 Groups of 8 teams
- Each group plays against other groups in round robin system (AvsB, BvsC & CvsA)
- 6 matched per Group match-up (In total, each team played 12 matches equally)
- Teams’ placements are based on all 12 matches
- Top 16 teams advances to Grand Final
- Bottom 8 teams eliminated
Grand finals for the PUBG Global Championship event will take place on the following two days – November 23 – 24. The venue for the final event is Oakland Arena, which is located in Oakland. The format which will be followed for the final showdown has been mentioned below.
- 16 Teams Grand Final
- 12 matches (6 per day)
Well, to mark the celebration of the PUBG Global Championship 2019, developers are adding a new lobby background & music for players. Season 5 Lobby music will return to the game after the conclusion of the PUBG Global Championship 2019 event.
For the deployment of a new patch, PUBG console servers will undergo maintenance for five hours. The maintenance will start on November 13 at 10 pm PST/November 14 at 7 am CET. You can track the ongoing maintenance by heading here.
The latest patch will also bring a lot of bug fixes to the game. It has fixed the issue with the weather setting which was displaying “Sunny” for all Custom Match rooms. Have a look at the complete patch notes for the upcoming update down below.
- Added updated lobby background and music in celebration of PGC 2019.
- Season 5 lobby and music will return after PGC 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the lock icon is incorrectly displayed for private Custom Match rooms
- Fixed an issue where the weather setting of all Custom Match rooms are displayed as ‘Sunny’
- Fixed an issue where a character would sometimes teleport in the early phase
- Fixed an issue where a Mirado skin is applied over the Gold Mirado
- Fixed an issue where a character’s mouth is glitched when holding a throwable item
- Fixed an issue where a character’s modeling is incorrectly displayed when wearing certain jackets with PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Bandana
- Fixed an issue where a female character’s net is glitched when wearing Erangel Biker Jacket with Longsleeved Turtleneck
- Fixed an issue where textures and icons of some items added in the October update are incorrectly displayed
Update 1 (November 14 )
Console Players: Live server maintenance is now complete.
PUBG Global Championship content, various bug fixes, and back-end server adjustments have now been applied.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.