Starting next week, for a limited time, it takes ✌.— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) October 30, 2019
Dive in to Duos 11/5. pic.twitter.com/uJkk7txcNE
Apex Legends version 3.1 patch notes: New mode, weapon changes and more
Respawn Entertainment dropped a new update for Apex Legends Season 3 on November 05. A major chunk of changes were implemented in the game. The patch notes are now out, and without further ado, let’s dive into the details.
The November 5 update is quite a big one considering the fact that it isn’t tied to any event. The update brings a new limited-time mode and a ton of changes and new content as well.
The new update brings the new Duos mode to the game. The mode was much awaited by the players and the community had earlier asked the devs to add a solo mode and duos mode permanently to the game.
The devs did add the solo mode as a limited time mode earlier, and now they have added the duos mode for a limited time. The mode was announced on the official twitter handle of Apex Legends. Read more about the announcement here –
The new update also brings whole new Firing Range which was promised by the devs in the dev stream. The Firing Range was much needed as the training grounds didn’t have all the attachments in the game. Now, new players have a much better training range to practice.
The new Firing Range has all the attachments and also the option to change the legend to experience the abilities of every legend. Also, the devs have added dummies with maximum health to practice aim with realistic targets. You can enter the Firing Range with your squad as well.
For Weapon Balancing, the devs did make a lot of changes for this update. Check out all the changes below –
- Reduced the headshot multiplier: 2.15 -> 2.1
- Changes to Projectile Collision: The devs have increased the projectile width on some weapons so they are easier to hit with. The change was made to the Triple Take in Season 2 and the following will be updated for this patch:
- Shotguns: All shotguns will have projectiles with a small amount of width.
- Snipers: The Longbow DMR, Kraber, and G7 Scout.
For legend changes the devs have made the following changes –
- EMP will damage armor that players have dropped.
- Fixed a bug where Lifeline’s drone couldn’t heal Crypto while he was in the drone.
- Fix for friendly Caustic gas kicking Crypto out of his drone.
- Fixed bug where sometimes the missiles from Bangalore’s Ultimate would disappear after landing on the train.
There were some bug fixes and major quality of life improvements about which you can read the full patch notes here. What’s your view on the new Apex Legends update? Let us know in the comment section below!
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.