Overwatch Update (September 17) Patch notes – LEGO Bastion Skin, Sigma, Symmetra and Zarya nerfed
Blizzard has released a new update for Overwatch, and the latest update for the game has brought some nerfs for heroes including Symmetra, Sigma, and Zarya. Along with these nerfs, the update has also introduced a new legendary skin for Bastion which can be obtained by completing Bastion’s Brick Challenge.
The most notable change that has been incorporated in the latest update is that the Sigma barrier will disappear when Sombra hacks it. EMP will still destroy the barrier first if both are in range. So these changes to Sombra make her a perfect fit for the shield heavy meta.
Bastion’s self-repair has also received some changes; now, it does not consume resources when he is in full health. Symmetra beam width has been lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.2 meters in the latest update. Also, Beam DPS per level has been lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180.
Many changes have also been made to Sigma in the latest update. The explosion damage of Hyper Spheres has been reduced from 35 to 30. However, explosion damage from Accretion has been increased from 50 to 60.
Speaking of Bastion Brick Challenge, players can unlock Legendary LEGO themed Bastion skin for themselves by winning nine games in any of the following modes : Quick Play, Competitve, Arcade. Players will also unlock LEGO themed player icons after three wins.
At six wins players can unlock LEGO sprays of Pharah and Mercy.
Many bug fixes have also been incorporated in the latest update. Players will no longer get stuck while inviting players under the ‘Stay as Team’ feature. Also, leaderboards now correctly display Season 1 competitive end ratings. You can read patch notes of the latest update down below.
Overwatch Update Patch Notes – September 17, 2019
Bastion’s Brick Challenge
Get ready to play with Bastion’s Brick Challenge and some special, unlockable in-game content! Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will earn you themed sprays, player icons, and a new legendary skin: Brick Bastion!
Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they’re playing Overwatch any time through 9/30 to earn a total of seven Bastion’s Brick Challenge sprays and icons!
Ground targeted abilities (Reaper’s Shadowstep, Mei’s Icewall, Synnetra’s Teleporter, etc) will now more heavily prefer edges over placing as far away as possible.
- Self-repair no longer consumes resource while Bastion is at full health
- Bastion now correctly initiates 0.25 sec of recovery time when canceling Self-Repair by firing
- Beam width lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.2
- Beam DPS per level lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180
- Beam width is now 0.15 meters and no longer scales with energy
- Max Beam DPS lowered from 190 to 170
- Explosion damaged reduced from 35 to 30
- Added a toggle option for deploying Sigma’s Experimental Barrier
- Being hacked by Sombra will now recall his barrier if it is deployed. (EMP will still destroy the barrier first if both are in range)
- Explosion damage increased from 50 to 60
- Intro cast time increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6
- Workshop – Fixed a bug that caused the “Enable Workshop Inspector” option not to reset when using Restore Defaults
- Workshop – The “Is Firing Primary” Workshop value now correctly reports whether Sigma is using his Hyperspheres
- Fixed an issue where killing D.Va’s mech via Environment kill would not always grant the full amount of ult charge
- Fixed an issue where knockbacks would sometimes be shorter than intended if the target was moving down an incline
- Players should no longer get stuck inviting players when using ‘Stay As Team’ feature
- Attempting to save a highlight without sufficient disk space now displays an appropriate error message
- Fixed an issue where the first person camera would be incorrectly offset when switching heroes in some workshop scenarios
- Competitive arcade season ratings now display a skill rating in the career profile
- Season 1 competitive end ratings now show correctly in leaderboards
Fixed a bug that allowed Moira’s Biotic Orb to pass through the attacker’s spawn door
Improved the ability for B.O.B. to get through doorways and more consistently make it to where he was launched towards
Fixed a bug where Bastion was not entering a recovery state when immediately firing weapons after Self-Repair is used
Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack cooldown scalar not working in custom games
Fixed a bug that allowed D.Va’s mech to block Earthshatter briefly during the destruction animation
Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s bow to flicker when switching to Sonic Arrow, when certain skins were equipped
Fixed an issue where knockbacks applied to enemies moving down ramps would not knock back as far as intended.
Fixed a bug where Mercy could sometimes mispredict being able to Guardian Angel to a teammate who had died behind a wall.
Fixed a bug that caused players to be thrown further than intended when escaping the pulling effect of Orisa’s Halt
- Fixed a bug that caused the first-person animations for Kinetic Grasp, Accretion, Experimental Barrier return/retract, and primary fire not to play correctly when used immediately after being frozen
- Fixed a bug that caused Hyperspheres to appear without any VFX or animation after letting the cast timer on Gravitic Flux expire
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly allowed Sigma to gain shields after absorbing a healing orb from Moira with his Kinetic Grasp
- Corrected various Sigma team color visual effects
- Fixed a bug with Sigma’s Damage Blocked average per 10 min not appearing in career profile
Fixed a bug with Sombra detection radius being affected by player aim pitch
- Fixed an issue preventing Wrecking Ball specific stats from showing up in the Career Profile
- Fixed a bug with adaptive shields area being affected by aim pitch
Fixed a bug that prevented Zenyatta from using a Teleporter while Transcendence is active
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.