Overwatch update 220.127.116.11 saves disk storage with new feature Shared Install
Overwatch new patch has gone live today and it has brought many bug fixes and enhancements to the game. A new feature ‘Hotfixing’ has also been introduced in the patch 18.104.22.168. The latest update has been released for all three platforms including PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
New Feature : Hotfixing
First, let us discuss the new ‘hotfixing’ feature which has been added to the latest update. With this new feature, the Overwatch client will be able to receive minor updates (hotfixes) without needing to be restarted.
But ‘hotfixing’ feature requires online connectivity, access to the disk and sufficient disk space to work properly. If the incoming ‘hotfixes’ won’t complete successfully, it will prompt an error message that can be resolved by following platform-specific solutions that have been listed here.
New Feature: Shared Install
Another helpful feature has made its way to the latest update which will help save the disk storage. With the help of the new ‘Shared Install’ feature, both PTR and Live Overwatch PC clients can share storage when installed to the same location on disk.
This new feature will reduce the disk requirement when one needs to update multiple clients. For example, today’s PTR should require only ~1.2GB of additional disk storage. Players who have already installed PTR clients in a different location can uninstall and reinstall to a common disk location to save storage for future updates.
Role Queue, which is a new feature to Overwatch, has also received a fix in the latest update. A bug which prevented players from earning achievements in the Role Queue Beta mode has been fixed in the patch 22.214.171.124. All bug fixes and enhancements that have been incorporated in the latest update have been detailed below.
- Custom Game – Fixed an issue where presets saved with Symmetra’s “Teleportation Duration” were being flagged as invalid
- Role Queue Beta Season – Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning achievements when playing in the Role Queue Beta
- Role Queue Beta Season – Fixed a bug that could cause players not to receive an SR update when the entire opposing team left the match
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly applied Role Queue restrictions to vs. A.I. games
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from selecting roles in Quick Play LFGs
- Workshop – fixed an issue with “unknown error” preventing players from loading certain Custom Game presets
- Fixed a bug that could cause status effect toasts (stunned, slept, resurrected, hacked, detected, etc.) to get stuck on screen.
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack granting defensive assist credit anytime after a target was healed
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Repair Pack not playing a sound effect for the receiving player
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.