Pokemon Go Water Festival event details & Niantic banned 500K Pokemon Go accounts
Niantic has announced a new event for Pokemon Go game. The upcoming event ‘Water Festival’ will feature Water-Type Pokemon, and they will spawn more frequently in the wild.
Also, during the event Eggs will hatch more Water-Type Pokemon. Field research and raids will also feature more Water Type Pokemon.
Pokemon Go Water Festival event will go live on Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 pm PDT and will stay live until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 pm PDT.
The event is also bringing in Lake Trio available for Raids on Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 pm to 7 pm in your local time zone. Also, lucky players will be able to catch Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach.
All the details regarding the Pokemon Go Water Festival event have been detailed below.
- Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more will appear more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon will hatch more often from Eggs.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
- If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach!
Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids.
On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 pm to 7 pm local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved
The Legendary Lake Trio were added to the game in May 2019. Earlier, they were made available regionally. Azelf was found in the American region, Uxie in the Asia Pacific region and Mesprit in the European region.
As mentioned above, players will be able to encounter the Legendary Lake Trio in their respective regions.
Pokemon Go was launched in 2016, and since then the game has been plagued by cheaters. Cheaters have been using spoofing apps to travel the in-game distance and other modified versions of the apps.
Today, Niantic has decided to take very strict action against them and has already started sending out ban wave. The company has initiated action to ban more than 500K accounts who were using cheating apps for Pokemon Go or Wizards Unite.
We certainly hope this move from Niantic will push cheaters to use the official version of the app.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.