Overwatch July 31 PTR update patch notes – Sigma buffs & other bug fixes
Overwatch’s new tank hero Sigma is still getting tweaked in PTR updates as Blizzard developers are finding the perfect balance for the new character before releasing it to the main game.
Blizzard has released a new PTR update for the game which has buffed the new character Sigma. The latest PTR update also incorporates many other bug fixes and changes.
Sigma was first introduced in PTR update on July 23 and will soon join the other tanks available in the game including Roadhog, Reinhardt, D.Va, Orisa, Winston, Wrecking Ball and Zarya.
The latest PTR patch includes updates and fixes for many heroes. Significant changes have been made to Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp and Experimental Barrier.
Now Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp can be cancelled by Accretion, and its experimental barrier can be recalled while Kinetic Grasp or Accretion are in use.
However, it has still not been made official when the new tank Sigma will join the main game, as players are desperately waiting to make team combinations with Sigma.
The patch also includes fixes for Wrecking Ball, Sombra, Reinhardt. The Wrecking Ball bug which got him stuck while using ‘Piledriver move’ on slippery terrain has been corrected.
The latest PTR update has also fixed out the issues with Placement previews and orientation toggles for placements flickering at higher latencies.
You can read the complete Overwatch July 31 PTR update patch notes from below.
Overwatch July 31 PTR update patch notes
- Can now be cancelled by Accretion.
- Can now be recalled while Kinetic Grasp or Accretion are in use.
- Placement previews should now be much smoother (Reaper Shadowstep, Mei Ice Wall, etc).
- Placement previews will now hold their position after clicking, until they’ve been confirmed by the server.
- Fixed a bug where first person animations sometimes wouldn’t play when abilities were used immediately after being frozen.
- Fixed a bug where orientation toggles for placements could flicker at higher latencies (Ice Wall, Amplification Matrix, Photon Barrier).
- Workshop – ‘Set Max Health’ now functions as intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused charge knockback to be applied multiple times.
- Accretion now correctly deals half damage to self.
- Accretion projectile no longer gets destroyed when impacting Symmetra turrets.
- Gravitic Flux can now move Pharah during Rocket Barrage.
- Fixed a bug where victims of Gravitic Flux could get stuck on slippery rooftops.
- Fixed a bug where Gravitic Flux would fail to work on Dropship doors.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma to avoid an enemy’s Gravitic Flux effect by activating his ultimate.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma to retain some of his movement ability when he was incapacitated (stunned, slept, etc) during his Gravitic Flux.
- Fixed a bug which caused Gravitic Flux to not be cancelled if you switch to another hero while it is active.
- Fixed a bug where Sombra couldn’t gain ultimate charge for one second after EMP hack auras end on targets.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Wrecking Ball to be temporarily stuck when using Piledriver on a slippery terrain.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.