T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro update brings camera enhancements & touch screen improvements
Are you a person living in the US? Planning to bite the bullet and grab a shiny new OnePlus 7 Pro? Stop right there and do take a look at this article before you make the final call – the T-Mobile branded variant is severely crippled compared to the regular unlocked model.
As a matter of fact, the software update on the T-Mobile model is controlled by the wireless carrier. Although the Chinese phone maker is still in charge of developing the OxygenOS skin, the feature set and update mechanism are running on a different track than the global/unlocked variant.
For the same reason, features like the Fnatic game mode or the truckload of internal fixes related to ghost touches and camera improvements are absent from the carrier locked OnePlus 7 Pro. However, T-Mobile is now rolling a out a new update for the phone which bundles plenty of those things.
Continuing the natural sequence, the new OTA bumps the version number of the stock ROM from 9.5.6.GM31CB to 9.5.7.GM31CB. The monthly update patch level remains unchanged though, which means T-Mobile users are still stuck at April security patch.
- Improved overall contrast and color performance
- Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
- Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
- Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
- Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes
- Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
- Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
- Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
Apart from the touch screen optimization, the Fnatic branded gaming mode has finally here for the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro users. T-Mobile also included some messaging related fixes, which could be related to their RCS implementation.
A huge chunk of users have already converted their T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro to global variant, but the number is negligible compared to the actual consumer base running the factory installed software. For the latter, the download link of the update package is posted below:
- OxygenOS 9.5.7.GM31CB (from 9.5.6.GM31CB) for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro: Download (MD5: c1367a2c9e95cfa6cfbbf068a6117efb)
Can you notice the performance improvements of the stock camera after this update? Comment below.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.